Friday, May 5, 2017

June 11 ... Bring Glory To Him


And whatever you do in word or deed,
do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving praise to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:17


Is what I do for Him
or for my own reward?

Do I walk an open path
so others down the road will see my works,
or glorify the Lord?

Is pleasing Him what motivates,
or building up myself,
defensive in my deed and word
or trusting in the Lamb?

That Lamb Who yielded unto death
when angels could have saved Him.

That Lamb Who uttered not a word
to save His reputation.

O, I would glory in the cross,
and follow the example
of the Lamb of God Who died thereon.


Galatians 1:10; John 13:43; Matthew 6:1-2; Colossians 3:17; Ephesians 4:24-25; Isaiah 53:7; Philippians 2:5-8; Matthew 10:38-39; Romans 15:2, 3, 6



No comments:

Post a Comment