Tuesday, May 9, 2017

July 11 ... Obey In Love


To grant to those who mourn...
beauty instead of ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning,
the garment of praise instead of heaviness...
Isaiah 61:3


At times my heart is overwhelmed.
I want to love You more.
I want to show You that I care
in ways I know not of.

It doesn't seem like I'm enough,
not doing and not saying
how deep my gratefulness and love
are truly in my being.

And then I know You see my heart
and this is what You say:
"Your love for Me is shown each day
by your obedience and trust in Me".

Oh Lord, Your mercy never fails!
The only good You see in me
are those small places in my life
that You've transformed and made anew,
replacing my unrighteousness
with Yourself and Your beauty!


Psalm 119:20, 47, I Corinthians 8:3; Song of Solomon 3:1; Philippians 3:8, 21; I John 5:2-3; 
John 14:21; Romans 3:10, 25; Isaiah 55:7; Psalm 90:17; Isaiah 61:3



No comments:

Post a Comment