Tuesday, May 16, 2017

September 7 ... Honor Him By Serving


For although I am free... I have made myself a bond servant
to everyone, so that I might gain the more.
I Corinthians 9:19


Being a servant does not really mean
doing the low and meanly things.
It's giving up self and our own perceptions
to serve under someone
and follow directions.
Not asserting our own plans and desires
but humbly seeing their side,
and complying.

It's Jesus we serve,
but often through others,
and we can give honor to Him by obedience.

If He is our Master,
we serve under Him,
submitted completely to His Word as guide.

If He is our Master,
it's to Him we yield,
without being self-sufficient with pride.

It's not so much what we are doing to serve,
it's our hearts and our motives
conformed to His Word
that truly bespeak of a servant.


Mark 8:34-35; I Corinthians 3:18-19; 8:1-3; 9:19; Matthew 23:10; Genesis 16:9; 
Proverbs 6:20-23; Psalm 18:27; I Corinthians 10:12



No comments:

Post a Comment