Thursday, April 27, 2017

May 17 ... Seek The One Who Satisfies


For He satisfies the longing soul,
and fills the hungry soul with good.
Psalm 107:9


Israel is referred to
                as one searching for other gods,
                as one stallion seeking for another,
                as one wanting his own way.

How do I compare to these?
                Do I search for other gods,
                looking elsewhere from my strength,
                for my satisfaction?

How do I compare
                to the stallion wanting out,
                seeking for another,
                turning from the Source of Love
                to a counterfeit?

How often do I want my way,
                unsubmitted to my Lord,
                desiring to please myself,
                allowing flesh to rule?

Ah, forgive me, God of Israel
                by the blood of Your dear Son.
I will seek You with my whole heart,
                and I know You will be found.


Jeremiah 9:14; 5:8; Psalm 107:9-11; I John 4:10; Galatians 5:16-17;
Colossians 1:13-14; Jeremiah 29:13-14



              

No comments:

Post a Comment