Wednesday, April 26, 2017

May 1 ... Come, Rest In The Death



It feels like, though the Spring is here,
there's still death in my soul;
the resurrection life has not sprung forth.

It seems there's still much dying
to take place in my old nature;
it's still a time to look at Him
to purge and make me whole.

Maybe if this step of death
takes place around the Springtime,
I'll see life and hope about,
and joy will flood my heart.

For I'll have faith in the Creator
of the heavens and the earth
to create that life in me,
when death has been complete.

And I'll glory in the work
that He is doing now,
knowing that the things to come
far exceed the present!


Song of Solomon 3:11-12; II Corinthians 4:10; Colossians 3:5; Psalm 146:5-6; 
Romans 6:4;  II Corinthians 4:17



No comments:

Post a Comment