Tuesday, April 25, 2017

April 23 ... Let Go

It is better to trust and take refuge in the Lord
than to put confidence in man.
Psalm 118:8


If I try to help You out,
O God of my salvation,
Thinking I can plan the way
or cleverly manipulate...

May I heed Your warnings.
May I stop my schemings.
May I wait and follow You
with my whole heart!

Did King David run ahead
of what You'd planned to be?
Bathsheba was to be his wife
but not in David's way?
If he'd waited on the Lord,
Uriah would have died.
And David would have taken her
in holiness to be his bride?

O, may I never run ahead,
for You're my Lord and King.
And in Your wisdom, You alone
can plan the way for everything.


Proverbs 20:24; Ecclesiastes 5:2; Psalm 119:34-35; II Samuel 11:1-17; Psalm 118:8; 
II Samuel 12:24; Job 9:4-10; Proverbs 26:8


No comments:

Post a Comment