Saturday, April 22, 2017

April 1 ... Come, Take Up The Cross



As I awoke one morn at dawn and opened up the Word,
I read a verse which pierced my heart:
"Take up your cross and follow Me."

"O yes, my Lord!" was my response
"Just heft it up upon my back".

He startled me with His reply,
"I ask you not to pack a load,
the cross is not to carry;
it isn't something to endure;
you get up on the cross and die."

Die to self and confidence in your sufficiency.
Seeing your unrighteousness,
deny yourself, and yield to Me.

Refuse to do as flesh demands,
lean not to your own mind.
Cast down the pride that makes you fear
and put your hand in Mine.

For as you take the cross and die
and as you follow Me,
My life and power will flood through you
and resurrected you will be!


Hebrews 4:12; Matthew 16:24; I Corinthians 2:1-5; Isaiah 64:6; Romans 7:18; I John 2:15-17; Proverbs 3:5-7; Philippians 2:5-8; I Peter 4:1-2; II Corinthians 13:3-4; Romans 6:1-11




No comments:

Post a Comment